Ultrasound/Radiologic TechnicianSpanish Valley Clinic
San Juan Health is seeking a PRN ultrasound technologist who provides excellent customer service by performing ultrasound examinations under the direction of the medical director and radiology department leader. The ultrasound technician must demonstrate the ability to perform a wide variety of examinations (abdomen, obstetrics and gynecology, vascular, and female exams) of patients from neonates to geriatrics by following ACR guidelines and protocols.
The ability to perform x-rays and CT-scans as a certified radiologic technologist (RT) through cross-functional services is preferred. The ultrasound/radiology technologist must be proficient on all clinical equipment within the department and complete, with proper annotation, a medically acceptable exam. This position will be primarily located at Spanish Valley Clinic, but will cover as needed within the organization. For more information please contact Tyler Bailey, San Juan Health radiology lead, via email or at 435.587.1232.
- Must have ARDMS certification as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS).
- Knowledge of all areas of radiology and ultrasound theory and practice, and comprehensive knowledge of purpose, structure, standards and regulations of San Juan Health, and laws applicable to healthcare policies and practices.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Must be willing to be in the on-call rotation for emergent situations.
- Current Utah State license required.
- Maintain continuing education credits to assure compliance with state and other certification requirements.
- Basic computer and organizations skills.
- ARRT Radiologic Technologist (RT) certification with the ability to perform x-rays and CT-scans.
- Competence in performing vascular and musculoskeletal sonography.
- Previous two years of experience in a hospital as a staff ultrasound and radiology technologist.
As this is a PRN position, there are no benefits.
We believe in rural America. The communities of Monticello and Blanding are nestled at the base of the majestic Blue Mountains and the community of Spanish Valley is just outside of Moab with the majestic La Sal Mountains overlooking this growing locale. These small town communities are great places to raise families and find recreational adventure such as hiking, biking, camping, ATV riding, fishing, hunting, and golfing to name a few. Outdoor enthusiast? There are many parks to explore such as: Canyonlands, Needles, Arches, Mesa Verde, Hovenweep, Lake Powell, Bears Ears, and more…
ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF SOMETHING MORE?