Ultrasound TechnologistSan Juan Hospital
San Juan Health is seeking a full-time ultrasound technologist who provides excellent customer service by performing ultrasound examinations under the direction of the medical director and radiology department leader. The ultrasound technologist must demonstrate the ability to perform a wide variety of examinations (abdomen, obstetrics and gynecology, vascular and female exams) of patients from neonates to geriatrics by following ACR guidelines and protocols.
The ability to perform x-rays and CT-scans as a certified radiologic technologist (RT) through cross-functional services is preferred. The ultrasound/radiology technologist must be proficient on all clinical equipment within the department and complete, with proper annotation, a medically acceptable exam. For more information contact Jimmy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Juan Health is a county-owned, special service district which consists of San Juan Hospital (a 25-bed critical access hospital located in Monticello), San Juan Clinic Monticello (constructed in 2011 and located on the same campus as the hospital), and San Juan Clinic Blanding (constructed in 2018 and located 22 miles south in Blanding). A new clinic is coming online in Spanish Valley in Fall of 2021.
- Must have ARDMS certification as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS).
- Knowledge of all areas of radiology and ultrasound theory and practice, and comprehensive knowledge of purpose, structure, standards and regulations of San Juan Health, and laws applicable to healthcare policies and practices.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Must be willing to be in the on-call rotation for emergent situations.
- Current Utah State license required.
- Maintain continuing education credits to assure compliance with state and other certification requirements.
- Basic computer and organizations skills.
- AART Radiologic Technologist (RT) certification with the ability to perform x-rays and CT-scans.
- Competence in performing vascular and musculoskeletal sonography.
- Previous two years of experience in a hospital as a staff ultrasound and radiology technologist.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
The communities of Monticello and Blanding are nestled at the base of the majestic Blue Mountains. With populations of 1,800 and 3,200 respectively, both communities–with their friendly, small town appeal–are great places to raise families and find recreational adventure such as hiking, biking, camping, ATV riding, fishing, hunting, and golfing to name a few. Outdoor enthuiast? There are many parks to explore such as: Canyonlands, Needles, Arches, Mesa Verde, Hovenweep, Lake Powell, Bears Ears, and more…
ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF SOMETHING MORE?