Clinic ManagerSpanish Valley Clinic
San Juan Health is seeking a strong leader and capable clinic manager to oversee the daily administrative operations of our new clinic located in Spanish Valley, Utah (south of Moab). The position provides direction and leadership to ensure that the mission of San Juan Health is achieved within an efficient framework that maximizes resources.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should exhibit exceptional managerial abilities, which would ultimately translate to excellent patient care. This position acts as a catalyst between the clinic and its customers and staff to ensure continuity and quality of care. This position works closely with providers and other staff to achieve the highest standards of health care delivery. The clinic manager duties will include implementing procedures to optimize patient care, personnel management, enhance revenues, and ensure great staff and provider relationships.
Responsibilities of the clinic manager include:
- Lead the day-to-day operation and coordination of patient care services.Keeping medical professionals informed about healthcare administered in the clinic.
- The ability to support healthcare staff in all capacities in the facility including registration, pre-authorization, screening, and other clinical duties as appropriate.
- Ordering stock and supplies for the clinic.
- Perform the hiring, training, and performance evaluation of staff members.
- Manage internal and external communication.
- Assure compliance with applicable regulatory standards and regulations.
- Initiate the development and revision of policies and procedures specific to clinic programs and services.
- Serves as the main resource and primary contact for providers in the clinic.
- Proactively supports and identifies process improvements that will support providers with efficient scheduling procedures, preregistration processes, accurate coding, cash collections, and billing reconciliation.
San Juan Health is the healthcare leader in southeastern Utah. We have three non-profit healthcare facilities that serve local and regional patient needs. San Juan Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital with 24/7 emergency services. In addition to San Juan Hospital, we have two Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) – San Juan Clinic Monticello and San Juan Clinic Blanding, that provide a variety of compassionate and caring services Monday through Friday. A third clinic in the Spanish Valley area will open this fall.
We are driven by a relentless chase of perfection to be the best place to receive care, the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine, and to serve as an invaluable resource to the people and communities we are privileged to serve.
- Minimum of two (2) years of health care operations supervisory/management experience or five (5) years of progressive relevant leadership experience.
- High emotional intelligence as evidenced by ability to evaluate/perceive a situation from multiple lenses and understand various perspectives in coming to a resolution.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation and advising management on needed actions.
- Ability to supervise and motivate clinic staff to perform their duties efficiently.
- Exceptional organizational skills to ensure that quality services are provided.
- Working knowledge of healthcare registration processes, medical records, clinical services, and healthcare regulations.
- Competency with computer-based healthcare electronic medical records (EMR) systems (preferably Cerner).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
San Juan Health offers its employees and their families a benefit package intended to provide financial protection against catastrophic illness and injury, as well as opportunities to accumulate assets for retirement.
We offer our full-time employees health insurance through PEHP, dental insurance through MetLife, and our vision coverage is with Vision Service Plan (VSP).
We also provide our full-time employees with life insurance and long-term disability coverage at no cost. Additional life insurance can be purchased as well.
For retirement benefits, San Juan Health currently contributes an amount equal to 10% of your gross wages into a traditional 401A retirement account. Employees can also contribute to a 457 account if they choose. Participation in a Flex Spending Account (FSA) is also a benefit option.
San Juan Health provides 7 paid holidays annually, and employees accumulate paid time off (PTO) as they work.
We believe in rural America. The communities of Monticello and Blanding are nestled at the base of the majestic Blue Mountains and the community of Spanish Valley is just outside of Moab with the majestic La Sal Mountains overlooking this growing locale. These small town communities are great places to raise families and find recreational adventure such as hiking, biking, camping, ATV riding, fishing, hunting, and golfing to name a few. Outdoor enthusiast? There are many parks to explore such as: Canyonlands, Needles, Arches, Mesa Verde, Hovenweep, Lake Powell, Bears Ears, and more…
ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF SOMETHING MORE?